Tuesday, January 27, 2015

¡Hola!...Written 12-8-2014

Tuesday was fun. My companion and I went over to a less-active's home and shared with them a Christmas message. She was glad we came over and invited us to come back that day and have dinner with her and her family. We went back for dinner and shared another message with them and ate burritos for dinner. They were really good and it was nice visiting them. In between the appointments we went and checked up on a few of our members and investigators but no one was home or opened the door to us.

Wednesday my companion and I had exchanges. I stayed in my area and my former companion came to me. We were able to GQ a lot of people on the street and have a good amount of lessons. We visited a less-active woman that is in a wheelchair and we able to see her for the first time in a while. She said she'd come to church on Sunday but ended up canceling on us. We home to continue to work with her and help her out. We saw another older lady that is from Chile. She made us a little snack and we were able to share a nice Christmas message with her. She really wants to go to Festival of Lights with one of her non-member friends and said that she'll set up a date we can all visit there. We saw another member that has been going through a rough time and he was completely different. He said that he had paid his tithing this last week even though it was hard and he has had nothing but miracle after miracle since then. It was awesome! We also visited some other people.

Thursday I went with some other elders in my district to music practice at the VC. When we got home our companions were in an appointment so we did some Facebook. In the evening, my companion and I had weekly planning and then we went out. We picked up a new investigator that was a referral from one of our members. We then went and taught another investigator later on.

Friday, We went and visited two less active families and shared the Christmas video the church just released on Christmas.mormon.org Go watch it. We went to mutual and helped with a small lesson and then played soccer with the youth.

Saturday, my companion and I taught a member how to make tres leches, a milky cake and it was super fun. We also visited our recent baptism boy and his family and are retaking the restoration to him. His mom also said she wants to come to church with us. She is a very less active member but more interested now. 

Sunday we went to church and it was great. In the afternoon we checked up on a less-active family. We also went and taught two of our investigators and did a small service for one of them.

I'm shipping a package to the family, some of it is Christmas stuff but most is not. It should be getting there on Thursday. So, it's too late I've already sent you something. I've had your Christmas present for months and Dad's for even longer.

You have got to get the Peruvian lady in your ward to cook for you. Peruvian food is one of my favorites!

Love,
Elder Braden Dahl
PS-I'm shipping a package to the family, some of it is Christmas stuff but most is not. It should be getting there on Thursday. So, it's too late I've already sent you something. I've had your Christmas present for months and Dad's for even longer. Don't worry about money, I have more money on my mission card here than on my home card, I know how to budget and have been doing well. Thanks for letting me know, if I ever need anything I'll let you know or use my card. Hopefully, (knock on wood) I won't need to though.

No comments:

Post a Comment