Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Con amor, Elder Dahl...Happy New Year (early)...Written 12-29-2014

Hola youngest brother,
I'm glad you got to have so much fun while you were visiting all the cousins. It sounds like you had a really great time. It was fun to see you on Skype. You've gotten a lot bigger and you're getting older now. Don't worry about the Spanish; you still have got some time to learn it all and maybe the oldest brother at home can help you a little bit. I know ice-skating is a little hard and I've fallen down a lot. I'm glad you still liked it though. I hope you have a really fun week and a happy new year.

Love,
Elder Braden Dahl

Tuesday for lunch, one of our members took the entire district out to a pizza buffet and we were able to spend some time with him. It was really fun and we had a great time. Afterwards, my companion and I shared a Christmas message with him. We checked up on an investigator in the afternoon and then were able to visit with a few less-active members during he rest of the evening.

Wednesday we had no proselyting after 4pm unless we already had an appointment. We went and had lunch at a member's home and were able to visit our recent converts and a less-active. In the evening we went to another less-active's home and had dinner and then had fun for some of the evening. We listened to a lot of fun Christmas music and cha-cha. We played the bongos and the maracas. It was a lot of fun.

Christmas on Thursday and we had our Christmas Conference. We had to be at the Visitor’s Center by 9am. Santa was going to be there at 8am. I got there around 8:30am and took the picture, which got sent to you before. Then I hurried and opened everything and took some photos of the things I got. At 9am we had a devotional by the Cooke's and their family. We then watched “How to Train your Dragon 2.” After the movie we had lunch at the Stake Center and had the talent show, which was really fun. They had a bunch of different performances from tap dancing to improved rap. The Cooke's got us all a T-Shirt that says Charley-Mike and a Nalgene Bottle that says likewise. It was a fun day. After the conference, we ran over to the chapel to talk to you guys.  

Friday my companion and I were able to visit and check on a couple members during the day and see how they were doing and how they enjoyed their Christmas. We also were able to visit with one of our investigators and have a nice lesson with her.

Saturday my companion, my roommates, and I went to one of our less-active member's home for breakfast. The food was super good and we enjoyed being there and were able to share a short message with her. Afterwards, my companion and I went to an investigator’s home and made pupusas with her. It was fun and we ate some afterwards. It was a lot of food but definitely enjoyable. In the evening we took our investigator to the Festival of Lights (and I did snap a few pictures). We watched the concert where a brother and sister (classically trained) sang Christmas songs and their mother accompanied some of the pieces on piano. It was really nice and we were sitting center stage in the first row. 

Yesterday we had a nice Sacrament meeting and classes. We had a couple less-active members attend. This was the last time we're meeting at noon and we're changing to 10:00 church (this will be the first time the branch has changed timed since moving to this Chapel). My companion and I were also able to take an investigator to the Visitor’s Center that night and watch the Olney Big Band play at the Festival of Lights. I really enjoyed the performance. They played some big band Christmas' Songs and some classical songs. It was a really fun night.

Love,
Elder Braden Dahl


No comments:

Post a Comment