Saturday, July 5, 2014

Happy Independence Day! Written July 4, 2014

Dad, Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you had a great birthday with tons of fun. I also hope you got to do some fun stuff. Also Happy Independence Day! I hope you guys have lots of fun today and enjoy some fireworks.

This is going to be a super quick email today and I promise that you'll get a longer one on this coming Monday. Today is going to be a full and busy day. Today is the 4th of July and my companion and I are heading down to D.C. The plan is that we are going to a BBQ at the D.C. Elder's apartment and then heading down to the National Mall and hopefully staying for the fireworks. Tonight's curfew is extended to 10:30 so we can enjoy some of the fireworks.

A quick update on me, last month I decided to reread the Standard Works along with the Bible Dictionary, and the Guide to the Study of the Scriptures with the goal of finishing in less than 18 months (with at least 2 reads of the BOM). I'm going at a pretty good pace, not as fast as last time however. I'm already in Deuteronomy (OT) and Alma (BOM).

Yesterday I received the letters the you guys all sent me (Gorman's and Dahl's). It was nice hearing from all of you. I wanted to say thanks for all the letters. I also sent a envelope to you and Dad, you should be receiving it very shortly. It has a Birthday card for Dad in it. The black Duct-Taped rectangle is one of my SD cards with the videos you wanted on it. If you could shoot me a quick email or message when you get it that would be great.

Love, Elder Braden Dahl

P.S. Could you send me some more stamps? I've worn my supply through and I only have 4 left and I have to still write Grandma and the Gorman's back.

P.S.S since you have the "Excellence," [Washington D.C. Newsletter and Calendar] we have a 100% chance of mail being delivered to us at Zone Conference, Zone Training, Departing Temple trip, and Transfers. (I'm currently in the Seneca Zone).

Mom, I have a huge favor to ask. So for this coming Night of Music and Inspiration I've been asked to be in a small group to sing, "Consider the Lilies of the Field." It's coming up on the 13th [of July] and we've yet to practice all together. I've had one opportunity to go to the church and plunk muy part out (poorly) on the piano. I was wondering if you could play the tenor part and then the accompaniment and send me a recording of the file. It would be greatly appreciated if you can. If you can't or it's not working please don't worry about it. I can manage. [Mom's Note: Done! Sent it late after fireworks on 7/4!]
Thank you so much. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment