Monday, October 5, 2015

Making the most of my 5.5 weeks...Written 10-5-2015

It's been a while since our last email and I just wanted to check in and see how Dad's doing. I hope that you are recovering well from your surgery and that you are feeling better. I also hope that you really enjoyed General Conference this last weekend.

Today has been pretty mellow. We have had some other elders over and played a board game called Pandemic where all the players are on a team against the game. Basically you have to cure 4 epidemics using various strategies. It was fun and it's been nice hanging out. I hope that you have a great week.

It was pretty wet and rainy this last week and definitely busy with meetings, transfers, and General Conference. I'm glad everyone is doing well things are still trucking along. Tell Grandma and Grandpa W that I'm excited for their mission.

Tuesday we went with the English Elders to pass off an investigator that spoke Spanish. She seemed very nice and interested in the message and it was awesome to start teaching her. We also went over to one of our less-active member's home and taught her and her daughter about the 10 commandments and invited them to watch General Conference that weekend. It was a nice lesson and the spirit was there.

Wednesday was busy with transfers. Since my companion and I were staying along with our roommates it wasn't too much of a hassle. After transfers we grabbed lunch with a bunch of other missionaries at a pizza buffet. We stayed super busy on Wednesday and we taught a lot of our investigators. We also had dinner with a member and then went over to one of the part member families and taught their investigator son. He is really cool and working towards getting baptized. Then in the evening we went to a new investigator and taught him the restoration.

On Thursday we went and taught a less-active member who recently has been reactivated. We had a good lesson about following the prophet and she said she'd watch General Conference. We also had a really good lesson about the plan of salvation with another investigator.

Friday we taught one of our really progressing investigators and we asked him to watch General Conference with the question of should he be baptized. We saw him at the priesthood session and he really enjoyed it. One of his really good friends is the second councilor in the bishopric which has helped a lot.

Saturday and Sunday was obviously General Conference and there were a lot of great talks. I watched all of the sessions in Spanish as usual and they were really great. I watched the normal sessions at the Montgomery Village Chapel (where we meet for church regularly) and then the priesthood session at the Seneca Stake Center. I'm not sure I have a favorite talk or speaker but there was some great things and I learned a ton from it. We even had two of our investigators watch General Conference. It was a great week.

Love,
Elder Braden Dahl


Little Brother #3,
I'm glad I got to hear from you this week. It sounds cool that you're putting together a bike. That will be a cool surprise for Christmas and will certainly be a awesome gift for him. Star Wars in school sounds like a lot of fun, I hope you're excited for episode 7 coming out at the end of the year. We might have to go and see it sometime.

It's cool that you're getting into coin collecting that sounds like an awesome collection. I'll keep an eye out for American Samoa quarter if I see it. I'm glad you like biking; it is a lot of fun plus where you live is super flat. I hope you have a great week.

Little Brother #4,
It is so cool that you got a giant stuffed animal. That is crazy big. I hope you have been enjoying him. I don't think I've seen a stuffed animal that big. I hope you are enjoying school and doing well. Keep up the awesome work.

Love,
Elder Braden Dahl

No comments:

Post a Comment