Monday, August 3, 2015

Upcoming Baptism...Written 8-3-2015

Tell Grandpa and Grandma W Congratulations on their calls. [Called to Family and Church History Headquarters Mission in Salt Lake City, UT] It should be something really exciting for them and it will be another great experience. I'm also glad that you are feeling better and that Matthew has been a great chauffeur. It's crazy to think in 3 weeks you'll be taking him off to school. Time seems to just be flying by. 

Sorry I know so much about DC; I guess I've just been living here for the last 20 months and have picked up a thing or two. My letter to Dad had a lot of the touristy things to do. I'll see if I can get into contact with some of the people I worked with in the past and see if we can visit with them. The hard thing is it's just pretty far out and I can't really have a lot of communication with them right now. But will get to that later. I've still got plenty of time. Walking will be for most of the touristy stuff downtown but besides that there wont be terribly much walking. I'll plan on minimal walking. If there is anything Dad or you (tourist, cuisine, what normal people do, chapels, historical sites, etc) just let me know. You're the better researcher of the group. We'll probably drive around where I served, see some of the chapels, maybe visit a couple sacrament meetings, and try to see a few people. It's kind of up to transfers and where I go and what I do but it should be fun.

This week has been a good one. My companion, Elder H and I have been working hard in the area and doing well. We picked up a few more new investigators that we've started teaching. I met someone that knows D. L. [Braden's 12-year old scout leader] that we GQ'd [General Quesiton'd] and I met a couple from HB that recently moved out here while on the Metro. They even still have their 714 number. It's been certainly an interesting week.

We also have a few people that we are working with that are preparing for baptism. One of them is coming up soon and it should be awesome. She's been going through some difficulties but has been working through them with the help of the Lord. It's great seeing the steps she is making toward baptism. There are some awesome people in the area that we have begun to work with and it is always exciting to see their progression. It's always great being out here as a missionary. DC never ceases to have a great adventure. 

I hope that you have another great week and that all continues to go well.

Love,
Elder Braden Dahl

No comments:

Post a Comment