Monday, August 10, 2015

A Baptism and Baseball...Written 8-10-2015

Don't worry about writing me late. I just figured you've getting tired of writing since its been something you've had to do for a bit now.

Maybe the time is passing for you slowly. But time here seems to be flying by. I can't believe it's already August. And it's already the middle of August. I still can't figure where all the time went.

This week has been nice. We did find some more new investigators this week. My companion and I have been keeping pretty busy and enjoying ourselves. It's crazy to think that summer is coming to its end. It seems like everyone just started their summer breaks. I hope one of my brothers is enjoying school and the rest of the family is enjoying the last few days before school.

Monday and Tuesday we had several appointments and were able to visit a lot of investigators and members.

Wednesday the mission went to the Temple a week early since the temple is closed for maintenance until October. It's always great going to temple and you always leave feeling better.

On Thursday we had our Weekly Planning session in the Main Reading Room of the Library of Congress. It was cool to do it there and it's nice saying you've been able to use the main reading room of the Library of Congress.

Saturday we had a "Focus" in one of the areas in the district. Basically the district I'm in showed up in the area and went finding for people to teach. My companion and I had a great miracle. We went finding for someone and they weren't home. We knocked the two doors next to the home we were knocking and no one was home at either house. Then we saw someone walk up to the first side house (second door) we knocked. We asked him if he knew that person we were looking for and he told us no. We asked if he was interested with the same response. We then asked if he knew if anyone around would be interested and he told us a house nearby that might have a Mormon there. We knocked the door and we found a less-active member that hasn't been to church in years. He served a mission and went to BYU. He is really cool and still has the spark of his testimony. He was shocked that we found us. It was great being guided by the Lord. We taught him and we now have his info for the elders we were focusing for.

We also had the opportunity on Saturday to go the Washington Nationals Baseball game in the

evening. The elders in the district met up right before for a potluck dinner and then we all went down as a district and enjoyed the game. The Washington Nationals played the Colorado Rockies; the Nationals won the game. It was a really fun night. We were even able to bring a recently reactivated member with us to the game.

Sunday was a pretty busy day. We had the baptism of one of the investigators we are teaching. She is the sister of a member and is really solid. It was so great seeing her get baptized this week and it was such a superb spiritual experience. There were a ton of members from the branch that attended her baptism and it went great.

Today was a fun day. My companion and I went downtown to see some of the sights. We went over to the FDR Memorial and enjoyed being there. We then walked over to the George Mason Memorial and the Jefferson Memorial and checked both of those out. It was fun being down to the sights again and I took a few more pictures down there.

I hope you have a great week and enjoy yourself.
Elder Braden Dahl

Mom: Sweet! I knew the baptism was coming up but I didn't know it was yesterday! How exciting!

Braden: Yes I still have both my [Washington Nationals] hats from last year. It was a fun game on Saturday. Not much left really planned for the mission. I think we have a General Authority (70) coming end of August. But I can't really think of any other major mission event coming up soon.

Mom: Sister M sent us her pic of you & Elder Haggard in front of Jefferson Memorial this morning too. Fun to see so much of you today! 😄

Elder Braden Dahl: Awesome. Yeah she asked for your phone number and I couldn't remember it for the life of me. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing. However, I still do remember the home phone and dad's cell. Luckily, I still remember your email.

Sister M: Ran into your son today at the Jefferson Memorial. He's doing great & he says he loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment